Protected Area Permit (PAP)

Restricted Area Permit (RAP) / Protected Area Permit (PAP)

Foreign Tourist are no longer required to obtain any permit before visiting Nagaland. This was done to promote tourism to the North East and permit requirements were relaxed for foreigners. However citizens of Afghanistan, China and Pakistan and foreign nationals of Pakistani origin, are required to obtain a special permit with the prior approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs.

For more detail information about RAP/PAP you may check the Ministry of Home Affairs FAQ.